- Gasoline & Diesel engine lubricant
- 100% Synthetic
Type of Use
- High performance 100% synthetic Fuel Economy Engine Oil specially designed for OEMs requiring a low friction, low HTHS (< 3.5 mPa.s) viscosity and "Mid SAPS" oil with reduced content of sulfated ash (≤ 0.8%), phosphorus (0.07 ≤ x ≤ 0.09%) and sulphur (≤ 0.3%). Suitable for the latest generation of Gasoline and Diesel engines, EURO IV and EURO V emission regulation compliant, requiring a "Fuel Economy" lubricant: ACEA C2 standard. Lubricant approved PSA B71 2290 by PEUGEOT CITROEN AUTOMOBILE and RN0700 by RENAULT. Compatible with catalytic converters and Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF).
- May be unsuitable for use in some engines. Always refer to the owner manual or handbook if in doubt.
- Standards : ACEA C2 – API SM / CF
- Approvals :
- PSA B71 2290
- Renault RN0700 under n° RN0700-10-19
- Performances : FIAT 9.55535-S1 – TOYOTA – HONDA – SUBARU
- Engines compliant with EURO IV and EURO V emission regulation are fitted with sensitive exhaust gas after treatment systems. Indeed, Sulfur and Phosphorus inhibit catalytic converters operation leading to inefficient exhaust gas treatment; and Sulfated Ashes clog DPFs leading to shorten regenerating cycle, quick oil aging, higher fuel consumption and engine power loss.
- PSA for its B71 2290 norm requires oil to able to endure the most severe thermal constrains along with PSA modern after treatment systems compatibility. PSA B71 2290 standard is suitable for the whole PSA Diesel (including DPF versions) and Gasoline engine range, except Gasoline 1.8L, 2.0L and 2.2L engines.
- RENAULT has developed RN0700 standard for oils able to provide a high thermal stability and insure an outstanding resistance at high temperatures. RN0700 standard applies to all Naturally Aspirated Gasoline engines (except Renault Sport) of RENAULT Group (RENAULT, DACIA and SAMSUNG). The RN0700 standard applies also to all RENAULT vehicles fitted with Diesel engine 1.5 dCi without DPF having less than 100 hp output and 20 000 km or 1 year oil drain interval.
- The FIAT 9.55535-S1 performance level imposes the engine oil to combine both ACEA C2 and 5W-30 in order to perfectly lubricate the Diesel 1.3L, 1.6L and 2.0L Multijet engines of FIAT, ALFA-ROMEO, and LANCIA produced from 2007.
- Some Asian OEMs require for their most recent Diesel engines (since 2006) an ACEA C2 lubricant to guarantee the maximum performance and durability. Examples of MOTUL 8100 Eco-clean 5W-30 possible use for these OEMs : TOYOTA 2.0L and 2.2L D4D ; HONDA 2.2L CDTI and DTEC ; and SUBARU 2.0L D.
- MOTUL 8100 Eco-clean 5W-30 meets all these very demanding requirements of performance and durability set by OEMs, including in particular for the PSA B71 2290 norm, the full compatibility to bio fuels use such as biodiesel, when using biodiesel at a mix ratio of up to 10% (Biodiesel – B10).
- Drain interval : refer to manufacturers' recommendations and tune to your own use.
- Do not mix with lubricants not ACEA C2 compliant.
- Before use always refer to the owner manual or handbook of the vehicle.
||SAE J 300
|Density at 20°C (68°F)
|Viscosity at 40°C (104°F)
|Viscosity at 100°C (212°F)
|HTHS viscosity at 150°C (302°F)
||-42°C / -43.6°F
||232°C / 449°F
||8.0 mg KOH/g