- MERCEDES Gasoline and Diesel engine oil
- Approved MB 229.51
- 100% Synthetic
Type of Use
- Specifically designed for MERCEDES-BENZ recent cars fitted with EURO IV and EURO V engines requiring "Mid SAPS" lubricants : low Sulfur (< 0.2%), low Phosphorus (< 0.08%) and low Sulfated Ashes (<0.8%) contents and approved MB 229.51.
- The specification MB 229.51 applies to some MERCEDES Gasoline engines, and to all MERCEDES Diesel engines, with or without DPF.
- Standards : ACEA C3 – API SM/CF
- Approvals : MB-Approval 229.51
- Engines compliant with EURO IV and EURO V emission regulation are fitted with sensitive exhaust gas after treatment systems. Indeed, Sulfur and Phosphorus inhibit catalytic converters operation leading to inefficient exhaust gas treatment; and Sulfated Ashes clog DPFs (Diesel Particulate Filter) leading to shorten regenerating cycle, quick oil aging, higher fuel consumption and engine power loss.
- The MB 229.51 standard requires among many other severe constrains from the lubricant a reduced content of Sulfated Ash, Phosphorus and Sulfur in order to be compatible with MERCEDES exhaust gas after treatment systems. The specification MB 229.51 applies to some MERCEDES Gasoline engines, and to all MERCEDES Diesel engines, with or without DPF. This type of oil allows reaching flexible drain intervals managed by vehicles on-board computer.
- Drain interval : refer to manufacturers’ recommendations and tune to your own use.
- Do not mix with lubricants not MB 229.51 compliant.
- Before use always refer to the owner manual or handbook of the vehicle.
||SAE J 300
|Density at 20°C (68°F)
|Viscosity at 40°C (104°F)
|Viscosity at 100°C (212°F)
|HTHS viscosity at 150°C (302°F)
||-39°C / -38°F
||234°C / 453°F
||8.0 mg KOH/g