DOT 5.1 Brake Fluid
PART NUMBER: 100950
TYPE OF USE
- For all types of hydraulically actuated brake and clutch systems requiring fluids meeting DOT 3, DOT 4, or DOT 5.1 specifications as per manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Fluidity specially designed for anti-locking brake systems (ABS) and other electronic stability programs (ESP, ASR,...).
- FMVSS 116 DOT 3 / 116 DOT 4 / 116 DOT 5.1 NON SILICONE BASE
- ISO 4925 (5.1, 4 & 3)
- SAE J1703
Long life fluid:
- MOTUL DOT 5.1 high wet boiling point (185°C / 365°F) is superior than the requirements of the standards DOT 3 (140°C mini / 284°F mini), DOT 4 (155°C mini / 311°F mini) and DOT 5.1 (180°C mini / 356°F mini), and therefore enables longer use of this product.
- Perfectly neutral with seals used in braking systems. Anti-corrosion.
Specially designed for anti-locking brake systems (ABS) :
- The viscosity at cold temperature (820 mm²/s at -40°C / -40°F) of MOTUL DOT 5.1 is lower than DOT 4 (up to 1800 mm²/s) and DOT 3 (up to 1500 mm²/s) brake fluid specifications and allows easier fluid circulation and flow through the micro-valves of anti-locking systems for better response of ABS and other electronic stability programs (ESP, ASR,...) requiring quick brake systems actuation.